afs

The Warm Kind of Coldness

Thursday, February 26, 2015
By Ellen Livia - 11:41 AM

After school, I went home and took my camera. I was thinking to get a Peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks in The Mall at Columbia. Peppermint makes me feel better somehow. Yeah I want to starbucks for the Peppermint Hot Chocolate and the view. You could call me basic, but seriously Peppermint is the best.

I waited the bus near the Food Lion. I stood there for 15 minutes, it was -2° C. I couldn't wait any longer. I decided to walk to the mall because no bus came. I don't need to tell you what is going on at the Mall, it's a regular mall day. The peppermint hot chocolate and the pictures that I took today highlight my day anyway. 

The sun was about to say good bye. I went to the bus stop and stood beside the old man that were smoking cigarette, It feels home. If I knew that person well, i wanted to take the cigarette and smoked it. I miss Jakarta and its lifestyle, really..

I asked him which bus was going to the west. The old man was confused. But he told me anyway, i took a bus and ended up at the bus stop around Laurel. I was catching up the sunset. The view was beautiful and ciamique. 

I realized I need to go back home. So i took the brown bus to go to Oakland Mills Village Center. I sat in a seat next to the window on the bus today. After the bus moved, I saw the bus stop get smaller and smaller until I couldn't see that anymore. It was an orange sky with white clouds. The white snow reflects the sunset. 

Time flew so fast...

All i could think was how peaceful it was, how beautiful it was, how comfortable it was, how grateful i was to be here and looked at the sky. If it were possible to jump out of the bus, I couldn't imagine how fresh the air out there. It might be the warm kind of coldness.

The bike path behind my house.


I am grateful for the time I had here.
For the smile from the strangers that they gave to me,
For the cigarrete burning sounds that I heard today,
For the bus driver that letting me have a peaceful moment in a bus,
For the old man that tell me how to go West,
For the people that said they were okay,
For God that letting me to see the sky.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 responses

leave your thoughts down here